Monday, November 5, 2007

Tiki...

One thing that I've seen in recent years at a few car shows and cruise ins is a few cars and even delivery vans with a "tiki" theme. Some of them have even had bamboo door panels, lots of wood accents, etc.

I'm not really sure why I like it, but the tiki bar, tiki lounge thing is pretty cool. I can remember my parents taking me to some Polynesian themed restuarant when I was a kid. I can also remember a tiki themed movie theater in Dayton, Ohio (I believe it was called the Kon Tiki). Anyway, I always enjoyed it when my parents drove by the place.

I think it would be cool to have a cruise in with a Tiki theme. Tiki food, drinks, games, decor, etc. Kind of a tiki / Beach Blanket Bingo thing.

I would like to find another Polynesian themed restuarant in the greater Indianapolis/Dayton area. If anyone knows of one, please comment below. I found a pretty cool website for "everything tiki" when I was googling for graphics for this post. Check it out be clicking on the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!