Friday, June 1, 2007

My friend the "Wheeler-Dealer"

O.k., I've "blogged" before about my friend that has the Shay A and two 57 chevys. He recently came back from a winter in Florida, and to my dismay, came back without any of his "toys".
One of the enjoyable things over the past couple of summers has been to borrow a car or a motorcycle and "joy-ride." Unfortunately, he trailered everything down to his winter home, and left them there.
However, knowing my friend, I knew it wouldn't be too long before he would find something to bring home. Well...this week while driving by his house, my wife noticed that he had another 57 chevy behind his barn.
On the way home from my parents house, my oldest son and I stopped to check out the latest ride. The car was found in Winchester, Indiana. My friend tells me he actually stopped to look at a 1968 Camaro convertible. The guy wanted $30,000.00 for the Camaro, but my friend began to "shoot the bull" with the guy about his 57 chevys, and the guy said, "Well, I might have one of those for sale too!" The car turned out to be a two-door post.
To make a long story short, the guy called him a day or two later and made my friend an offer. The deal was over in less than 24 hours and my friend owned a 3rd '57.Looking the car over, we found it to be in "decent" shape. The carpet is missing and the floors have been replaced. The front bench has been replaced with buckets, and the headliner is missing.
A Hurst shifter on a Muncie 4 speed sets behind a 327. The car would make a decent "driver", but if you wanted to have a "show car", you would need to get some door panels and do some body work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!