Monday, June 11, 2007

Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg Museum and other thoughts


Well, as I stated in my last blog, I'm pretty "bummed" that I accidently lost all of my pictures that I took at the Kruse Auction, the Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg Museum, and the Kruse Museum last week!

I went back through my "digital achives" this week and found the pictures I took back in 2003 during my last visit to Auburn. It was interesting to see how the displays have changed in the 2 museums.

The ACD Museum has really changes much. Cars have been moved around. A few cars that were on display a few years ago are no longer their, etc. The cars had several unique and innovative features. One thing that I remember was the 3rd headlight located in the center of the front of the car.

One car that really interested me last time, and I was looking forward to seeing again was the Tucker. If I remember correctly, only 500+ Tuckers were ever produced. I believe the one that used to be on display was one of 400+ still in existence.


The Tuckers had several unique and innovative features. One that I remember in particular was the center mounted 3rd headlight. The headlight was attached to the steering and front wheel assembly. The idea was that the headlight beam would "lead" you around a dark corner when turning.
Another interesting feature to me was the lack of a dash on the passenger side of the car.
I will use the pictures I took 3 years ago in upcoming posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!