Thursday, September 18, 2014

New Addition to the Suede and Chrome Garage

Well, I've always wanted a vintage beetle, and this week, I was able to find one. A 1965 Java Green VW that is in very good condition. According to the previous owner, I may only be the 3rd owner of the car.
 The car reminds me of my childhood. My father had a black Beetle when I was small enough to ride in the small space behind the back seat. My aunt who was 10 years older than me, had a light blue beetle when she was in high school. I have really enjoyed driving it this week, and plan to use it as my daily driver.


My mother, holding my younger brother, and I standing in front of my father's Beetle in the early 1970's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!