Thursday, July 5, 2012

2012 Wheels for Williams

Wow! Have I neglected this site over the past few months! Sometimes life has a way of getting so busy that it consumes us. Over the past couple of months, my life has been that way. As a school administrator, the last month of school is always busy. As the year ends, and students and teachers leave for the summer, one's focus turns to finishing year end details, and then working on preparing for the following fall. June was filled with sorting through stacks of resumes and working through several interviews to hire a couple of new teachers. On top of work, the past few months I've seen my oldest daughter graduate high school, we've spent a week in Charleston, SC for a family vacation, returned to Indiana, washed clothes, repacked, and headed to Boston, MA for a National Williams Syndrome Conference (in fact, I am currently typing this blog entry from our hotel room). We also planned and executed our third annual charity event "Wheels for Williams" in May. This year's show saw a record number of cars, over 110, lots more spectators, and over $2600 raised.

 Over the next few days, I hope to begin posting pictures from the event. But before I do, I'd like to thank everyone that was involved with the show....my club brothers, "The Righteous Rodders", their wives and families, friends that helped with the show, the Fire Station, Fire Chief, and community of Losantville, IN, all of our sponsors, the guys from MG & the Gas City Three, and all those who brought their vehicles, bicycles, pedal cars, etc. to our event.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!