Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wix Goodguys @ the Speedway Post #1

I always enjoyed the Indy Goodguys show at O'Reilly Raceway Park (formerly IRP). It was one of the few places in the area I could see Nostalgic drag racing. When I learned that the Goodguys planned to discontinue the event, I was disappointed. However, when I heard that they planned to start a new Goodguy's event at the Historic track in Speedway, Indiana, I knew that I wanted to be at the inaugural event. 
It was pretty cool to be able to see the Indy cars up close and hear and watch them make laps. For $400 for 3 laps, and $500 for 4 laps, one could sit in a "two seater" behind the driver. I heard that for even more "dinero", one could take a single seater out on the track. Now granted...these cars only reached speeds of 135 mph, not the 225+ modern Indy car drivers push...but sitting a few inches off the ground...I'm sure it was still a RUSH for those folks that coughed up the clams for the adventure.






How cool to be able to park your hot rod in "Gasoline Alley" on probably the most famous track in the world?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!