Tuesday, February 6, 2007

I Want a "Flathead"!

Gabcast! Suede and Chrome #2
HEY! JUST DISCOVERED A COOL SITE THAT ALLOWS ME TO ADD AUDIO TO MY BLOG. ALL I HAVE TO DO IS DIAL A TOLL-FREE NUMBER AND TALK AT THE BEEP! THOUGHT I WOULD TRY IT OUT BY READING MY LAST BLOG ENTRY. (Now even the blind and illiterate can enjoy this site!) :)


A friend of mine's father has a 1947 Ford two-door sedan he has been trying to sell for a couple of years. He puts it out at the end of his driveway for a couple of weeks in the summer time, then it disappears into his heated garage for the rest of the year. I don't think it has been driven more than up and down the lane for several years.

I don't get to see him much, but in the summer time, his grandchildren play in the same softball league as my daughters. Occasionally, I get to ask him about the car. Unfortunately, I haven't convinced my wife that it would be a good investment. According to the owner, the car was originally bought for his youngest daughter when she turned 16. (who by the way my younger brother dated a couple of times.) Anyway, she is now grown, married with children, and has moved to Texas.

The car is all original, with a flathead V8. If memory serves me right, the body is pretty straight and is painted a muted green.

This week, while surfing through the automotive listings on eBay, I was reminded of the car and how "cool" it would be to own it. I'm not a big fan of Fords, but I do like "fat-fendered" cars no matter what the make. Cars from the late 1930's through the early 1950's are definitely among my favorites! I've included some pictures of the Ford I found on eBay this week. I really like the lines of late 40's Fords. The red steelies with wide whites, and the dual exhausts make this one "way cool daddio"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey daddio! Thanks for checking out Suede and Chrome! Your comments are greatly appreciated!